What is a Data Analyst?

Alex HaydonNewsLeave a Comment

What is a Data Analyst?

Research group IDC predicts that by 2025, the world will be creating 163 zettabytes of data a year. That works out to 1 trillion gigabytes, or watching the entire Netflix catalogue 489 million times.

This immense amount of data is the equivalent of a ten-fold increase over 10 years. This is due to a combination of the increasing reliance on digital technologies across our lives, and the increasing amount of data that powers these.

So, with such a colossal increase in data, who will step in to process and analyse this? Enter, the Data Analyst.

What is a data analyst?

A data analyst is someone who collects, sorts and analyses data to look for patterns or opportunities.  In a business context, this is focused on identifying new opportunities for service provision, or more efficient ways to provide the services already on offer.

As a result of this, Data Analysts are naturally inquisitive people, who enjoy and excel at identifying patterns in any body of data.

But to be a successful analyst, they’ll also need to effectively communicate this data, whether verbally, visually or in written form.

Data Analysts are in high-demand across all sectors already, and as data’s going to play such a large part of what we do moving forward, this demand for data analysts is only going to increase.

So, if Data Analysts are so highly sought, and this demand is only likely to increase, how can an organisation bring in these valuable skills? There is another option.

Level 4 Data Analyst

We offer a fully accredited Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship programme that can be completed alongside an employee’s existing work. This programme, certified by BCS, focuses on teaching the latest approaches and techniques for data analysis, allowing the employee to make practical improvements in their existing work, as well as setting them up for future learning and career development.

This programme, as well as the others we offer, is covered under the Apprenticeship Levy funding. This means that for SME’s with a wage bill under £3 million, the employer pays 10% of the costs with the remaining 90% being subsidised by the government. For employers with a wage bill of over £3 million, the funds already in their levy account can be used to fully fund this.

And with more than £1.28 billion of levy funding still sitting in National Apprenticeship Service accounts, upskilling your staff with a Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship could be a key piece of your growth strategy.

If you’d like to know more about upskilling yourself or your workforce through the Apprenticeship Levy, contact us on 020 3174 1100.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *